Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crockpot Wednesday

This just went in:


Brown Sugar Chicken 
  • Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, I did 4
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Sprite (I will add this once I add everything else to the crockpot)
  • 2/3 cup Vinegar
  • 3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
  • 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
  • 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
It smelled pretty potent with the vinegar, garlic, and soy sauce...I hope it mellows out a bit as it cooks
I put it on high at about 2pm...after I think it is done I will turn it to warm...the recipe says 3-4 hours on high.  This is another one that you can put all the ingredients (EXCEPT the sprite) into a gallon sized freezer bag as a "MAKE AHEAD MEAL".


I will serve it with rice...in my Handy Dandy Rice Cooker!


This recipe is a lot like last Wednesday's Crockpot meal Honey Garlic Chicken.  But we LOVED last week's so I decided to do this one today and we will see which one wins out.  Last weeks is going to be VERY hard to beat though.  It was amazing and a bit healthier, being that it was made with natural honey and not brown sugar and sprite!  Ha! 


I will update you on the final outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment