Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Awesome Lampshade!

I have been on a bit of a hiatus lately, but that does not mean I have not been busy creating...I just have been SO busy creating that I have not gotten things posted for all FIVE of my loyal followers.

I ran across the inspiration for this lampshade on Pinterest once again (am quite addicted). The tutorial was put out by Midwest Living and you can follow along with it here. It was such an easy tutorial that just as soon as I finished reading it I was out the door to get my supplies.  

Which included: 
  • a $15 10in drum lampshade (from Walmart), 
  • two rolls each of two contrasting ribbons (5/8th thick)
...I used a chocolate satin ribbon and a burlap looking ribbon.  ($1.99 per roll at Walmart)
  • hot glue (I had)
  • Lamp (I had)




It changed the whole look of the lamp...I like it a lot...it is a lot better than the dingy old lady shade we had there before!

No comments:

Post a Comment