Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

An Awesome Outfit for EVERY Occasion!

 In the past few months I have been really getting into applique shirts...they are quick easy, and oh so Awesomely cute!   I have been lucky enough to have a few friends even ask me to do some custom work for their little ones!  Thank you to all who have had the faith in my sewing skills!  You are providing me with some really great motivation for my skill building!  I LOVE it!


The first project is for Little D...She is having a Minnie Mouse themed 2nd birthday party.  Her mama sent me a photo of a shirt she had found and liked...I took the photo as inspiration and flew with it!  This was a super fun little project!  The shirt and leggings are factory made, I added the flair!

Here is my own little model trying on D's outfit...her little belly is a bit too big for the shirt!
 I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ruffles!!!!  Some day soon I am getting a super nifty ruffler foot for my sewing machine.

This little snowgirl onesie was meant for little M, but she grew faster than I got around to making it...

 I made several of these little turkey dresses around Thanksgiving.  I LOVE how they turned out!  Again the shirt was factory made the skirt and turkey were added by me!  Some had three layered skirt, some had and A-line shirt, and some had just a ruffle at the bottom of the shirt.
  Again my little model was wearing one of the finished products...it was meant for an 18 month old  that would be why it looks so short on her! :)


And I also made several of these Turkey shirts too!  I LOVED how they turned out...little feather butts!

Getting ready for Valentine's Day!  Here are a handful of shirts that were made for several different little ones to help them celebrate the day!

 

 
 Here is yet another Birthday girl outfit!  Little A is turning 1 and she is having an awesome Owl themed Her mama sent me this photo of the party supplies she had purchased to set the theme...and I ran with it!  



This dress was so so so fun to make!  I learned how to make my own bias tape for this dress....I will NEVER buy bias tape again...For those non-sewers out there bias tape is the term used for the trim around the hem of each layer of this skirt.  It is a super cute, easy, a professional way of finishing an edge...and now I can do it with fabric I have on hand!  Here is the link to the Scientific Seamstress and her tutorial on making your own bias tape.  You can see on the Turkey dresses above that I did not use the bias tape then...it would have saved me a lot of time and been a cute addition to the dresses...like I said I am building my skills and am loving every minute of it!





And now I have fallen in love with the idea of a ruffler foot for my sewing machine!  Oh I can't wait to play with that!!!  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want a little girl, so you can make her cute ruffly things.

    ReplyDelete