Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crockpot Wednesday

Pin It
It is Wednesday and that means it is a crock pot day in our house....This just went in....

Honey Garlic Chicken

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, I used 4
3 Garlic Cloves, smashed and chopped
1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/3 cup Honey-(I had the luxury of using fresh honey from my friend Laura!)
I put it on low and when I think it is done I will switch it to "warm"...The recipe says 3-4 hours on high.
 
I will serve it with rice using my Handy Dandy Rice cooker. YUM!
 
This can also be mixed ahead of time and thrown into a gallon freezer bag.  When you are ready to cook it just throw it all into the crockpot...You can leave out the chicken from the mix and heat it in the microwave and then add it to the crockpot...frozen chicken in the crockpot is not recommended though I do it maybe too often. 

This was the final outcome:
Very Juicy chicken, with a nice dressing from the juices left in the crockpot.  

It was enjoyed by all!  It even made leftovers that warmed up nicely.

OVER ALL Review:  So Yummy, So Easy, and Very economical!  A definite repeat in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment