Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Heart Belongs to Buttons...

It is no secret that I have a thing for old buttons...I really do not know what it is...the unique beauty of each one, the mystery of the story and age each one, the use of something so practical to make art.  I love them...I really do.

So today I was putting the finishing touches on the Valentine decor around the house...and I really wanted something for the little space next to the front door.   I always have something hanging there, but couldn't find whatever it was that I hung there last February.  On the front door I already have my adorable felt heart wreath I made last year...so I needed something else to go along with it.

I searched pinterest for inspiration, but didn't find anything exactly.  It was just a good way of getting my creative juices flowing...I grabbed a paper plate, some burlap, my trusty glue gun, and my box of buttons.

 This is what I ended up with.  I like it a lot...it is very unique and very detailed.  I think it will be fine hanging outside...it is covered, as long as we don't get some crazy storm.




No comments:

Post a Comment